The Street Naming Team is responsible for naming all streets within the Council boundary.
To assist us in doing this, we maintain a bank of potential names for each Neighbourhood Partnership area.
Why We Are Consulting
We would like to invite suggestions from the public to be included in these banks.
Potential names should not duplicate any currently in use and meet at least one of the following criteria:
• commemorate local history, places, events or culture, and in particular any that relate to the development site;
• honour and commemorate noteworthy persons associated with the local area, or the City of Edinburgh as a whole;
• celebrate cultural diversity in the City of Edinburgh;
• commemorate national and international noteworthy persons, who have been deceased for five years or more;
• commemorate national and international events;
• strengthen neighbourhood identity;
• recognise native wildlife, flora, fauna or natural features related to the community or the City of Edinburgh as a whole.